23 Jul TAEASS502 Assessment tool now available
A good day out!
If ever there was a time to say a heartfelt ‘thank you’, now is that time! Many thanks to the 18 people (from 12 RTOs) who helped me validate the draft of a new assessment tool I recently wrote to cover the unit of competency, TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools. Thanks, also, to the many others who offered to review the tool and give feedback. I was overwhelmed and grateful for your offers of support.
As a result of such a strong validation – and for the thoughtful, informed feedback I received – I think we’ve produced a rock-solid product. The power of collaboration certainly made its mark here!
This assessment tool includes:
- TAEASS502 Assessment booklet – contains information, instructions and assessment checklists for candidates
- TAEASS502 Marking guide – critical information for both trainers and assessors of this unit
- TAEASS502 Competency map – show how the assessment tasks align to competency requirements
- TAEASS502 Templates – templates available for candidates to use when undertaking assessment of this unit
- TAEASS502 Case study handout – a workbook-style document that is useful if your RTO intends to deliver training in this unit.
What’s not included:
This product does not include any learning materials, other than the case study handout listed above.
I will soon upload examples of the new assessment tool to my website. In the meantime, click on the icon below to view samples of our TAE40116 products. The format and structure of TAEASS502 assessment tool are the same as what you’ll see in these examples:
Why might RTOs find this assessment tool useful?
I anticipate that this assessment tool will be most valuable to RTOs between now and 01 April 2019. This is the deadline for people who hold TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment to either:
- Option 1 – add TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools and TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy to their portfolio of competency standards attained, or
- Option 2 – upgrade to the current national qualification for trainers and assessors, TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
This assessment tool gives RTOs a validated product to help their clients attain TAEASS502.
By the way, we also offer a complete suite of learning and assessment materials covering TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills. See our product catalogue for more information.
Limited time offer
For a limited time, I am offering registered training organisations access to the new TAEASS502 assessment tool for a one-time fee.
If your RTO holds a current Blackwater Projects TAE licence
Click here for pricing and to order.