14 Jan New year, new products
Happy new year! I trust that 2017 is off to a good start.
The holidays gave me the time and space to reflect on comments and requests made by TAE clients. In this post I will outline two new products clients have requested – one is available now, and the other is in development.
TAE40116 assessment-unit materials (including RPL kit)
(informally called our TAE40116 extension-to-scope application package)
Many RTOs have asked me if they can purchase only the materials needed for their extension-to-scope applications to ASQA. So, I have now packaged a new product that includes all training and assessment materials your RTO needs to submit with your TAE40116 extension-to-scope application. This product includes:
1. All training and assessment-pathway materials for the four core TAE40116 assessment-field units. These are:
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools.
2. RPL kit that covers the four units listed above.
For more information, including a complete list of documents included and pricing, see our TAE Product Catalogue.
TAE40110 – TAE40116 update materials
(still in conceptualisation stage)
I have also had requests from RTOs to produce ‘update’ program materials which cover the bridge between TAE40110 and TAE40116. I intend to develop this product, but am still conceptualising how it may work, and researching what demand there may be. Options include:
- TAE40116 assessment kit for participants with TAE40110 – I intend to develop this product, although am not sure of its format, at this stage
- I may also develop learning materials for a form of TAE40110-TAE40116 update program, time permitting.
I’d value your input about this product. For example:
- Do you think either or both of the above products would be useful to your RTO? Would you purchase these?
- What requests do you have for their format / structure?
Please contact me with your feedback.
Something important to add…
trainers/assessors do not need to update from TAE40110 to TAE40116
The Standards for RTOs state that trainers / assessors must hold the “Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or TAE40116), or its successor*, or a diploma or higher level qualification in adult education.”
For more information, see the ASQA Fact Sheet: Meeting Trainer and Assessor Requirements.
A well-delivered TAE40110-TAE40116 update program could be great professional development, but if you think you need the piece of paper, you don’t… at least not yet.
P.S. I’m back to work part time, only. I resume full-time work on 23 January.